When Ulta sent me my order last week they included a flyer for a sale starting on April 17th. So I was very surprised to see that they have a small flyer in our Sunday paper. I would have missed it. Michael saw it and passed it to me! I have a great hubby!
So right on the front cover is a great NYX sale! Buy 2 and get 1 FREE! Better than the usual B1G1 half off because this can be up to 33% off rather than 25% and a good time to stock up on NYX products, which are great and drugstore priced. As a matter of fact because they are not considered prestige you can also use the $3.50 off a $10 purchase coupon or the online coupon code (400506 or apparently the 400211 listed on their front page) at checkout stacked on top of your savings!
I have been eyeing up the NYX Avant Pop shadows! They are getting great reviews but at $16.99 each they are leaning towards what some consider the high end of drugstore pricing. They do include a lot of shadow; each palette has 10 shadows that are 0.05 oz each so you are getting a fair amount of shadows. If you stack and combine you can actually get all three right now for only $30.48 or only just over $10 each and that’s a steal! Emily Noel is very well known on YouTube for being a very upfront and honest reviewer and in her recent video of the top 5 and bottom 5 of the NYX brand she listed these palettes as #1! You will find that at the 7:17 mark of the video but if you want even more ideas of what to pick up during the sale watch it all! Watch the end too because she will also tell you what NOT to buy!
Emily lists these NYX items as the best of their best:
- High Voltage Lipsticks
- Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation
- Highlight & Contour Pro Palette
- Slide On Lip Pencil
- and of course the Avant Pop Eyeshadow Palettes
I also have some favorites in the NYX line that you will want to consider while the B2G1 Sale is going on:
- Their Dark Circle Concealer is the BOMB! It is every bit as good as the Benefit Erase Paste but while that one retails at $26 the NYX dupe is less than $6! It lasts a good long time and really corrects (I think it’s misnamed, it really corrects) dark under eyes so that your concealer works better.
- Another product I really like is their Micro Brow Pencil. It is a direct dupe for the Anastasia Brow Wiz! But the Anastasia pencil is $21 and the NYX version is less than half the cost!
- NYX Skinny Mascara (only $6.99) works pretty much the same as It Cosmetic’s Tightline Full Lash Length Black Mascara Primer ($24). Yes, It’s has more nourishing oils, etc. in their formula but if you aren’t as concerned about that or use another product like the Rimmel Lash Accelerator Serum (only $9.99) than you don’t have to pay the high price. Grab some while the sale is going on!
- Last but not least I am going to mention the NXY Proof It Waterproof Mascara Topcoat ($6.99) that turns ANY mascara into waterproof mascara! It’s a direct dupe for Anastasia’s Beauty Genius Clear Waterproofing Gel that no one seems to stock anymore. Since it cost almost 3x the price of the NYX product I can see why! They both do/did the same thing! With summer approaching grab some now!
At B2G1 FREE these are amazing steals right now! The sale only lasts through next Saturday, April 16th, so stop by your local Ulta or shop online now! Shipping on orders over $50 is free and only $5.95 under that. Still not bad when you think of the cost of your time and gas. I know it takes me 45 minutes just in the car to get to my local store. AND I know I am always tempted to buy other things I just don’t need (but lust) while there. LOL! I find that ordering online saves me money in the long run. I also use my ebates account to get a percentage of my order back in cash. Cannot beat that! Don’t have ebates yet? Read my article on my sister site to find out how you can save money every time you order online and how easily you can do it with a simple browser addon so you never forget! Ebates is great! I get a check every few months that is fun money that I can… what else… splurge with!
So now that I have rambled on and haven’t even talked about the REST of the new Ulta flyer… I will let you go to check that out too! Be sure to share this post with your friends so they can take advantage of this week’s sale! They will love you for it… and so will I. Did you find a particular item in the sale flyer we should notice too? Leave it in your comment below! We all love great products, especially when on sale!
In the meantime, ciao for now!